When will The Sports Arena be open for Camps?
The Sport's Arena summer camp schedule will begin on June 29 in accordance with NY State and the Department of Health. Please visit our camps page for details regarding all camps offered throughout the summer.
Q: What safety measures are being taken by The Sports Arena?
- Each camp area will be sanitized at the conclusion of each activity in preparation for the next group to use the space. All sports equipment will be disinfected after use and newly sanitized balls will be rotated in for each new group of campers.
- Frequent hand washing and sanitizing will be encouraged throughout the day - additional sanitizing stations have been installed throughout the facility
- At the conclusion of each day, our maintenance team will follow enhanced cleaning protocols to ensure that every camp area is sanitized for the following day.
Q: Before I bring my child to camp, is there anything I am required to bring?
Yes, a completed Health History Form is required to attend Multi Sport camp (does not apply to Dek Hockey, Basketball or Baseball camps). In addition, the Department of Health requires a copy of each camper's Immunization Record to be submitted with the Health History Form. A camper will not be allowed to partcipate in camp until these documents are provided to The Sports Arena's staff.
Q: What are the drop off/pick up procedures?
- All campers, parent or caregivers will check in at the designated location upon arrival.
- To ensure the safety of our campers, parents or caregivers will not be allowed to enter the facilty beyond the designated drop off location throughout the day including pick up. Camp areas will be restricted to camper and camp staff only.
Q: Will camper's temperature be taken prior to entering the facility?
At the drop-off area, campers' temperatures will be taken by The Sports Arena staff with a no contact digital thermometer. Those campers whose temperatures are less than 99.5 degrees F will be permitted to camp. Those campers whose temperatures are higher than 99.5 degrees F will not be permitted into camp.
Q: What happens if someone shows symptoms after the camp day has started?
Any camper exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, either upon arrival, or at any point during the camp day, will be sent home, and will need to be symptom free and test negative for the virus before returning.
Q: Will campers be required to wear a face covering?
Campers are not required to wear face coverings as defined by NY State.
Q: How many campers will be permitted in each group?
Small groups with will be created with no more than 10 campers per group. Members of the groups will be as consistent as possible. Interaction between groups and physical distancing will be minimized during any such interactions.
Will the sports/activities in your Multi Sport camp be modified in any way?
In accordance with the guidelines provided by NY State, some sports and activities will be modified in order to provide a safe learning and playing environment. Rest assured, the sports and activities played during our Multi Sport camp will still be diverse, active and tons of fun!
Q: What will lunch be like for Full Day campers?
Lunch schedules will be staggered to reduce the number of campers during each lunch session, and seating will be spaced-out and forward facing to assure adequate physical distancing.
Q: Can campers bring snacks or beverages?
Yes, snacks and beverages are allowed. However, please make sure your child knows they may not share their snack, staying within recommended guidelines.
Q: Will there be water available to the campers?
We will ensure that campers hydrate throughout the camp day. Water stations will be operated by camp staff only and will be used to fill camper water bottles or single-use, disposable cups.
Q: Will The Sports Arena's staff be screened before working?
All staff will be screened upon their arrival each morning, temperatures will be taken. Any staff member exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms, either upon arrival, or at any point during the camp day, will be sent home, and will need to be symptom free and test negative for the virus before returning.
Q: Will The Sports Arena's staff be required to wear a face covering?
All camp staff members will wear a face covering during interactions with campers whenever physical distancing is not possible.